Supervisor, Cleaning and Maintenance – Maruti Parry Sound Inc
Location: Parry Sound, ON
Salary: $24.50 hourly / 35 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full-time, Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years, or equivalent experience
Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
Work Site Environment: Wet/damp, Odours, Dusty, Outdoors
Work Setting: Willing to relocate, Hotel, motel, resort
Maruti Parry Sound Inc is seeking a skilled and motivated Supervisor for Cleaning and Maintenance to join our team in Parry Sound, ON. As a Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in ensuring safety and cleanliness standards are met, supervising and coordinating activities of cleaning staff, preparing budgets and cost estimates, and maintaining financial records. You will also be responsible for recommending or arranging additional maintenance services, assisting cleaners in performing duties, and establishing work schedules.
- Hire and train or arrange training for cleaning staff
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards
- Prepare budget and cost estimates
- Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
- Maintain financial records
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
- Assist cleaners in performing duties
- Co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Establish work schedules
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Personal Suitability: Client focus, Dependability, Efficient interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Initiative, Judgment, Reliability
Health Benefits: Dental plan
Other Benefits: Free parking available
Who Can Apply:
We welcome applications from Canadian citizens, permanent or temporary residents of Canada, as well as candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply for this position by sending their application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?