Job Title: Home Support Worker
Employer: Sandra Cacis
Location: Powell River, BC
Salary: $21.09 hourly / 40 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Term or contract, Full time
Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Long term benefits, Other benefits
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Sandra Cacis, located in Powell River, BC, is seeking a compassionate and experienced Home Support Worker to provide care and assistance to clients in a home setting. The role involves administering personal care, providing companionship, preparing meals, and maintaining a clean environment.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Home Support Worker’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administering bedside and personal care.
- Administering medications.
- Assisting clients with bathing and personal hygiene.
- Feeding or assisting in feeding.
- Laundering clothing and household linens.
- Mending clothing and linens.
- Performing light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- Planning therapeutic diets and menus.
- Providing companionship and emotional support.
- Shopping for food and household supplies.
- Preparing and serving nutritious meals.
- College, CEGEP, or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years is required.
- CPR Certificate and First Aid Certificate.
Experience and Specialization:
- 2 years to less than 3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience with target audiences including adolescents, adults, females, and young adults is beneficial.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
The work environment involves bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, and handling weights up to 23 kg (50 lbs). Overtime and repetitive tasks may be required.
The ideal candidate is punctual, client-focused, dependable, possesses efficient interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication, flexibility, initiative, good judgment, organization skills, reliability, and is a team player.
- Health benefits include a dental plan, disability benefits, and a health care plan.
- Financial benefits include a bonus.
- Long term benefits include long-term care insurance.
- Other benefits include free parking, paid time off (volunteering or personal days), transportation provided by the employer, and a wellness program.
Sandra Cacis promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Older workers, Visible minorities, and Youth.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply:
Interested applicants can apply for the Home Support Worker position at Sandra Cacis by email to email@example.com or by fax to 604-398-2701. Application must include a cover letter and references attesting experience.
The application also includes the following screening questions that applicants need to answer:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current level of study?