Job Title: Building Inspector
Employer: Greater Miramichi Regional Service Commission
Location: Miramichi, NB
Job Type: Permanent employment, Full time
Salary: $54,500 to $61,600 annually (to be negotiated) / 35 hours per week
Work Hours: 08:00 to 16:00
Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Languages: Bilingual (English and French)
Experience: Experience an asset
The Greater Miramichi Regional Service Commission is seeking a Building Inspector to join their team in Miramichi, NB. This is a full-time position with regular working hours from 08:00 to 16:00. The start date for this position is to be determined. The Building Inspector will be responsible for examining plans, drawings, and site layouts, inspecting construction of buildings and engineering projects, and ensuring compliance with drawings, specifications, and building codes.
As the Building Inspector, your tasks will include:
- Examining plans, drawings, and site layouts
- Providing information and training to employers, employees, and the general public
- Inspecting the construction of buildings and engineering projects
- Ensuring compliance with drawings, specifications, and building codes
Experience and Specialization:
The employer considers experience an asset for this position. The type of inspection for this role involves both new and existing buildings.
For transportation and travel, you should have your own vehicle and a valid driver’s license. Personal suitability for this position includes being accurate, having efficient interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication, flexibility, judgment, organization, and strong values and ethics.
This position offers health benefits, including dental plan, disability benefits, health care plan, and vision care benefits. Financial benefits include mileage reimbursement. Long-term benefits include group insurance benefits and a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
Who Can Apply:
The employer accepts applications from Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada. Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit may also apply.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, you can send your application via email to email@example.com. Please make sure to include a cover letter and answer the following screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?