Job Title: Food Service Supervisor
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Salary: $18.00 hourly / 35 to 40 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time, To be determined
Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
Freshii is looking for a Food Service Supervisor to join their team in Nanaimo, BC. The supervisor will be responsible for coordinating food preparation activities, training staff, and ensuring the quality of food service.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Food Service Supervisor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing methods to meet work schedules and efficiently manage food preparation activities.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of staff who prepare and portion food.
- Training staff in job duties, sanitation, and safety procedures to maintain high standards.
- Estimating and ordering ingredients and supplies to ensure adequate stock.
- Ensuring food service and quality control to meet customer expectations.
- Maintaining records of stock, repairs, sales, and wastage for efficient management.
- Preparing and submitting reports to track performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Establishing work schedules to maintain a smooth workflow.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment with a need to work under pressure to meet demands.
- Standing for extended periods and performing bending, crouching, and kneeling tasks.
- Other benefits offered by the employer.
- Free parking available.
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply:
Interested applicants can apply for the Food Service Supervisor position at Freshii by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter in your application.