To apply for the Fabrication Welder position at Pathfinder Freightlines Inc. in Dartmouth, NS, please follow the instructions provided in the job posting. You have two options for applying:
- Apply directly on Job Bank: You can apply for the position by visiting the Job Bank website and using the “Direct Apply” feature. Follow the instructions provided on the website.
- Apply by email: You can send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include a cover letter and any other relevant documents or information requested in the job posting. Also, include the reference number 20230714 in your application.
Here is a summary of the job details:
- Job title: Fabrication Welder
- Company: Pathfinder Freightlines Inc.
- Location: 11-10 AKERLY BLVD, Dartmouth, NS, B3B 1J4
- Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 per hour (to be negotiated)
- Employment type: Permanent, full-time
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Work schedule: Full-time, 30 to 44 hours per week, with day, evening, night, weekend, and morning availability (specifically 09:00 to 16:00)
Requirements for the Fabrication Welder position:
- Language requirement: English
- Education: No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Work site environment: Outdoors, cold/refrigerated, dusty, hot, noisy
- Work setting: Willing to relocate, commercial, industrial, manufacture
Responsibilities and tasks of the Fabrication Welder include:
- Interpreting welding process specifications
- Operating manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Reading and interpreting welding blueprints, drawings, specifications, manuals, and processes
- Examining welds and ensuring they meet standards and/or specifications
- Operating manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Fitting, brazing, and torch-straightening metal
- Determining the weldability of materials
- Operating previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Starting up, shutting down, adjusting, and monitoring robotic welding production lines
- Maintaining and performing minor repairs on welding, brazing, and soldering equipment
Experience and specialization:
- Type of materials: Aluminum alloys, copper and copper alloys, stainless steel, steel, iron, and heavy metals
- Welding techniques: Oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), ARC spot, laser
- Equipment and machinery experience: Arc welding machine, brazing machine, gas welding machine, spot welding machine
- Area of specialization: Custom fabrication, truck repair, machinery or equipment repair, pressure vessels, structural construction, cast iron, and other metals
- Security and safety: Basic security clearance, criminal record check, drug test
- Transportation/travel information: Willing to travel regularly
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, physically demanding, attention to detail, sitting, standing for extended periods, weight handling up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
- Personal suitability: Team player
- Financial benefits: Bonus
- Long-term benefits: Pension plan
- Other benefits: Free parking available, learning/training paid by employer, on-site amenities, team-building opportunities
This employer accepts applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and temporary residents of Canada, with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
When applying, make sure to include a cover letter, letter of recommendation, and answer the screening questions provided in the job posting regarding availability for shift or on-call work and willingness to relocate.
Please ensure that you meet the requirements and qualifications stated in the job posting before applying. Good luck with your application!