Newwave Cartage is currently hiring for the position of Truck Driver in Brampton, ON. Here are the details of the job posting:
- Location: Brampton, ON
- Salary: $29.50 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full-time
- Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Provide professionalism in customer service
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Load and unload goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Oversee the condition of the vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of the vehicle
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled, and fuel consumption
- Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses required: AZ class license
Experience and specialization:
- Documentation knowledge required: Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation, Trip reports
- Type of trucking and equipment: Tractor-trailer, Tractor-trailer A train
- Communication systems experience required: Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment, Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- Security and safety: Basic security clearance, Bondable, Criminal record check, Driver’s validity licence check, Driving record check (abstract)
- Transportation/travel information: Valid driver’s licence
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Attention to detail, Repetitive tasks, Weight handling up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Personal suitability: Reliability, Team player
- Other benefits: Parking available
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada, as well as other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
To apply for this position, you can submit your application by email to email@example.com. Please note that this job posting includes screening questions that need to be answered when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?