To apply for the Sous-chef position at FEDERAL RESTAURANT GROUP, INC. in Revelstoke, BC, please follow the instructions provided in the job posting. The application can be submitted by email.
Here is a summary of the job details:
- Job title: Sous-chef
- Employer: FEDERAL RESTAURANT GROUP, INC.
- Location: 1220-2950 CAMOZZI ROAD, Revelstoke, BC, V0E 2S1
- Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 per hour (to be negotiated)
- Employment type: Permanent employment
- Work schedule: Full time, 35 hours per week
Requirements for the Sous-chef position:
- Language requirement: English
- Education: Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
Responsibilities and tasks of the Sous-chef include:
- Maintaining records of food costs, consumption, sales, and inventory
- Demonstrating new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Creating new recipes
- Preparing and cooking complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Planning menus and ensuring food meets quality standards
- Training staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of food
- Supervising kitchen staff and helpers
- Organizing and managing buffets and banquets
- Ordering supplies and equipment
- Managing kitchen operations
- Inspecting kitchens and food service areas
- Cleaning kitchen and work areas
- Maintaining inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment
- Preparing and cooking complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Planning menus, determining size of food portions, estimating food requirements and costs, and monitoring and ordering supplies
This employer accepts applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and temporary residents of Canada, with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
To apply, send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include a cover letter and references attesting to your experience. Please also answer the screening questions provided in the job posting regarding your availability for shift work, start date, legal eligibility to work in Canada, and previous experience in this field of employment.