Job Title: Supervisor, Vegetable Packing
Employer: PEI Vegetable Growers Co-operative Association Ltd.
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Job Type: Permanent employment, Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 35 to 40 hours per week
Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
PEI Vegetable Growers Co-operative Association Ltd. is currently hiring a Supervisor for their vegetable packing operations in Charlottetown, PE. The position offers a full-time, permanent employment opportunity with a salary ranging from $20.00 to $25.00 per hour (negotiable). The Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the packing of vegetables in a fruit and vegetable processing plant.
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Language: English
As a Supervisor in the vegetable packing department, your tasks will include:
- Training staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures, and company policies
- Recommending personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Preparing production and other reports
- Recommending measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Supervising, coordinating, and scheduling (and possibly reviewing) activities of workers
- Establishing methods to meet work schedules and coordinating work activities with other work units
- Identifying, evaluating, controlling, and preventing hazards at all stages of the food production process
- Requisitioning or ordering materials, equipment, and supplies
The Supervisor will be responsible for supervising 5-10 people.
The work environment may be dusty and cold/refrigerated. The position involves handling heavy loads and requires attention to detail while working under pressure.
The ideal candidate should be flexible, organized, a team player, and reliable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply for this position by sending their application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The employer accepts applications from Canadian citizens, permanent or temporary residents of Canada, and other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.