To apply for the position of Construction Painter at PR General Contractors Inc. in Dartmouth, NS, please follow the provided instructions:
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Salary: $18.00 to $35.00 per hour (to be negotiated)
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, full-time
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Working hours: 30 to 50 hours per week
- Languages: English
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- Experience: Experience an asset
- Work site environment: At heights
- Work setting: Willing to relocate
- Prepare, clean, and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Measure, cut, and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Apply paint, wallpaper, and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Working at heights training, Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Experience and specialization: Equipment and machinery experience (brush painting, conventional spray painting, roller painting), Surface preparation experience (drywall taping/patching), Coating/application specialization (paint spraying)
- Additional information: Security and safety – Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract); Work conditions and physical capabilities – Attention to detail, Ability to distinguish between colours, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Physically demanding; Weight handling – Up to 23 kg (50 lbs); Own tools/equipment – Steel-toed safety boots; Personal suitability – Efficient interpersonal skills, Initiative, Reliability, Team player
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly on Job Bank.
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please make sure to answer the provided screening questions.