Job Title: Computer Network Technician
Employer: PROMINENT TRANSPORTATION INC
Location: Bishop’s Falls, NL
Job Type: Permanent employment, Full-time
Salary: $32.50 hourly / 30 hours per week
Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
PROMINENT TRANSPORTATION INC is seeking a skilled Computer Network Technician to join their team in Bishop’s Falls, NL. This is a full-time position with 30 hours per week and offers an hourly salary of $32.50. As a Computer Network Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), computer workstations, and peripheral equipment for the transportation company.
- Education: College/CEGEP
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Language: English
As a Computer Network Technician at PROMINENT TRANSPORTATION INC, your tasks will include:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering the use of LANs, WANs, mainframe networks, and computer workstations and peripherals.
- Evaluating and installing computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and coordinating access and use of computer networks.
- Providing problem-solving services to network users.
- Performing data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Setting up local area networks and connections to the Internet.
Experience and Specialization:
The Computer Network Technician should have knowledge in the following areas:
- Networking software and security.
- Internet and desktop applications.
- Security software and MS Office.
- The work environment is fast-paced, requiring attention to detail and efficient interpersonal skills.
- Repetitive tasks are involved in the role.
- The ideal candidate should be accurate, organized, and display initiative in their work.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply for this position by sending their application via email to email@example.com.
Note: The employer accepts applications from Canadian citizens, permanent or temporary residents of Canada, and other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit. The company promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, and Visible minorities.