11166794 Canada Inc. is currently hiring Welders for their location in Thornloe, ON. Here are the job details:
- Location: 8091 Industrial Park Rd, Thornloe, ON P0J 1S0
- Salary: $20.00 to $28.00 hourly (to be negotiated) for 44 hours per week
- Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full-time
- Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
- Languages: English or French
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
- Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Noisy
- Work Setting: Willing to relocate (relocation costs not covered by the employer), Industrial, Manufacture
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals, and processes
- Examine welds to ensure they meet standards and specifications
- Fit, braze, and torch-straighten metal
- Operate oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air)
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
- Experience and specialization: Type of materials (Steel, iron, and heavy metals), Welding techniques (Shielded metal arc welding, Gas metal arc welding, Flux core arc welding), Equipment and machinery experience (Arc welding machine, Gas welding machine), Area of specialization (Custom fabrication, Machinery or equipment repair, Structural construction)
- Transportation/travel information: Own transportation, Own vehicle, Valid driver’s license
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Weight handling (up to 23 kg/50 lbs)
- Own tools/equipment: Tools, Welding helmet
- Personal suitability: Team player
- Health benefits: Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage, Vision care benefits
- Financial benefits: As per collective agreement, Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP), Group insurance benefits, Life insurance
- Long term benefits: Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Other benefits: Learning/training paid by the employer, On-site recreation and activities, Team-building opportunities
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada, as well as other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply:
- You can apply for this position by forwarding your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can apply in person at 8091 Industrial Park Rd, Thornloe, ON P0J 1S0.
Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?