Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Employer: Chief Isaac Inc
Location: 1371 Second Ave, Dawson, YT, Y0B 1G0
Job Type: Permanent employment, Full-time
Salary: $30.77 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 40 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Long term benefits, Other benefits, including on-site housing options
Reference Number: NOC 14200
Chief Isaac Inc is seeking an experienced Accounting Clerk to join their team in Dawson, YT. This is a full-time position with permanent employment. The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for various accounting tasks, including preparing journal entries, managing accounts receivable and payable, invoicing clients, assessing fixed assets and depreciation, costing and budgeting, preparing financial statements and reports, and performing clerical duties such as maintaining filing and record systems.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 5 years or more of relevant accounting experience.
- Work Setting: The job is located in a rural area.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Invoice clients.
- Assess fixed assets and depreciation.
- Costing and budgeting.
- Perform clerical duties, such as maintaining filing and record systems.
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns.
- Organize and maintain inventory.
- Prepare financial statements and reports.
Computer and Technology Knowledge:
- Sage Accounting Software
- Word processing software
- Accounting software
- Electronic mail
- Simply Accounting
- Electronic scheduler
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- MS Windows
- Security and Safety: Criminal record check.
- Transportation/Travel Information: The candidate must be willing to travel, and travel expenses will be paid by the employer.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: The job may involve working under pressure, tight deadlines, and repetitive tasks. Weight handling of up to 23 kg (50 lbs) may be required.
- Personal Suitability: The successful candidate should have the ability to multitask, be accurate, client-focused, have excellent oral communication skills, be organized, and reliable.
Who can apply to this job?
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply:
Interested applicants can apply by sending their application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include the job reference number (NOC 14200), a cover letter, references attesting experience, a letter of recommendation, proof of the requested certifications, highest level of education and the name of the institution where it was completed, and a copy of the latest school transcript.
Applicants are required to answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?